Island of Boa Vista
The island of Boa Vista is part of the Republic of Cape Verde, an archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean north of the west coast of central Africa. The archipelago consists of 10 marvelous islands, each with its own unique traits. It is one of the last pristine paradises on our planet.
A few hours' flight from Europe with a tropical, non-humid climate, surrounded by beautiful white and wild beaches and a wonderful sea, Boa Vista is the third largest island in the archipelago and the most beautiful of the three islands with sandy coasts.
This island is still quite protected from mass tourism. The landscape is colorful and varied, with black stony grounds interspersed with red earth plains, Saharan sand deserts with green oases, white sand dunes, secluded beaches, a shimmering sea with shades ranging from emerald green to cobalt blue.
- Area: 630 Km²
- Population: 16.233 inhabitants
- Capital: Sal Rei
- Currency: Escudo de Cabo Verde (ECV) non-convertible
- Vaccination requirements: None
- Documents: Passport valid at least 6 months
- Government: Democratic Republic
- Official language: Portuguese and Creole
- Religion: Catholic
- The climate is mild and dry throughout the year
- Winds: increased wind from January to March
- Rain: a few millimeters of water in August, September and October
- Temperatures: minimum 22°C maximum 30°C